Friday, February 1, 2008

Get your 40k today!

From Black Industries, makers of the 40k RPG:
28/January/2008 - Black Industries Announcement
Black Industries regret to announce that Dark Heresy: Disciples of the Dark Gods out in September will be the final product to be released from Black Industries.
Grr! The first printing of the 40k RPG has apparently sold out before it released, and yet they announce they'll be canceling the line. It's tough to say whether or not they'll do a second printing. I think they'd be silly not to. Then again, if there's only ever going to be 2 supplements 'cause they're getting out of the business, they might decide to just cut and run. That would make me really sad. I haven't picked up the book yet, 'cause money's tight this month (and Scion: God released 48 hours before it) but I guess I'll have to snag it the first place I see it.

Stupid corporate offices and their dumb-old bottom-lines! I'd have imagined a 40k RPG would be a major seller (and the "sold out on release" seems to confirm this) and thus worth staying in the business.

No comments: