This would also provide solutions to the two gripes in my earlier post about Continuum:
- Gumshoe has much more elegant rules for mundane combat than Continuum does.
- You could put all 10 Fraternities on the character sheet, and give starting characters 1 dot in 3 of them, determined randomly. They'd work like Investigative Abilities, with a Spend meaning you're calling in a favor from some friend in that Fraternity. Possibly a friend you haven't met yet. You give them randomly to the players, so they only have to learn 2 or 3 of them, but between the whole party most of the fraternities are represented. Osmosis of information would occur gently in the background.
- Graces would become a spendable trait - a new character has just a point or two of Grace, which can be spent to make a "coincidence" happen.
- Gemini would be a spendable trait, but one that only refreshed when your achieved the next level of Span. When you want to Slipshank something, you either take Frag, or spend a Gemini point.
- Most Time Combat Stratagems would be easy to convert. You'd replace die rolls and charts with Investigative Spends, making Time Combat faster as a bonus.