Wednesday, March 18, 2009

CommentLuv

I'm trying to install CommentLuv on this blog, but js-kit is having errors. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out soon, because I think CommentLuv is pretty cool. Basically, it's a little plug-in thingy that lets people who are commenting on posts link back to a post of their own that's relevant. Yeah, you can do so yourself with a href tag, but CommentLuv makes it painless and quick (and keeps it from feeling like an egotistical form of self-promotion). Besides, if you folks link to relevant posts at your own blogs, I'll have more reading material with which to while away my copious amounts of free time.

5 comments:

Vampir said...

I thought it just links to the last post found on the blog you're logged in to...

r_b_bergstrom said...

If you actually register at CommentLuv, you can associate your blog feeds with your account. Then when you comment on someone's blog, it actually gives you a pop up menu of your blog posts, so you can link it back to whichever of your posts is most appropriate.

If you don't register at CommentLuv, then, yes, it improvises somewhat poorly.

Vampir said...

Hm, I'll have to look into it... I actually have a separate RP blog on Wordpress... Blogger is what I use just for random stuff...

Also, the link within this post is broken...

r_b_bergstrom said...

What's the address of your wordpress blog?

Vampir said...

http://aiest.wordpress.com/

ignore the standard layout, Wordpress doesn't allow me to play with CSS without a fee...

and I should begin working on the crunch-o-meter soon... my deadline passed on Tuesday so no more uber-study time :D