Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Pattern

..and I ain't talkin' about the Amber one. I have a tendency to start new projects sporadically. I'm very good at developing ideas to a rich multi-layered reality, but I'm not so hot at putting the finishing touches on projects and calling them done. I mention this for a couple reasons.
  1. I rarely expect or prepare for an end-game in my RPGs. The Continuum Campaign, and two of my 5 Amber campaigns, are the only multi-session campaigns that I ever put to bed properly. Generally, the game meanders and rambles until events in our real lives conspire to finish it suddenly and without artistry. My favorite games are often those where the story has a genuine climax and a short epilogue, though perhaps this is because it happens so infrequently.
  2. It's very much in keeping with my weaknesses that I should feel compelled to dive into a new article series like "Outmaneuvered by a Horse" when I hadn't even finished the "Short-Bus Spanners" Series. In an effort to become a better storyteller and artist, I shall attempt to finish my Continuum series in the very near future, and then return to Amber.
Thank you for understanding.

No comments: