Thursday, December 20, 2007

What kind of Nomic am I playing?

Yesterday I whined about how complicated the process of administrating Nomiblog has become. At the time, I suggested the best course of action is to start proposing rules that establish winning conditions, and gently nudge it into an end-game scenario. (mild pun, or at least double-meaning, intended)

Having slept on it, I feel a little differently. So today I proposed a bill that would reset the rules every month.

After all, this Nomic wasn't really intended as something with an attainable goal or a single winner. Instead, it was meant to be an ongoing clever diversion. Inspiration for zaniness. I think a monthly rule repeal will keep it on the intended course. I'll let you know if this bill passes and how it works out.

No comments: