Wednesday, December 26, 2007

PCs at Xmas

I like to give holiday presents to the PCs in my campaigns. (I haven't been able to do so in recent years, due to campaigns ending right around the holiday season).

This year, I had an easy gift for my Scion campaign. The PCs all ascended to Demigodhood for the holidays. This effectively doubled (at least) the power-level and XP total of the PCs. (And the irony of doing this for Christmas was not lost upon me. Umm... sacrilicious.)

In other years where we've done "White Elephant" random gift exchanges amongst the whole play group. When that's going on, I generally make little "gift cards" to put in the mix, with presents such as "+5 XP", "you gain a 3-pt henchman", "+1 die to the Ability of your choice" or "You are now Dworkin's favorite (for good or ill), and as such he brings you the jewel of judgment", whatever sort of stuff is relevant to the game we were playing.

The best gift card I ever made was my "Pound of (Drama) Dice" for 7th Sea. I had a single-player campaign going in 2002 - 2005. For Xmas one year, I made a punch card for the player (my wife) including one use of every single different thing a double-blooded sorceress-swordswoman (such as her character was) could get out of a drama die or reputation die. It had 17 entries, and was limited to 1 use per session.

No comments: