Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trolling In Nomic

My behavior at nomiblog yesterday bordered on Trolling. It was an experiment in the power of lobbying, which I hope to never feel compelled to reproduce. This was really close to my Freebird gag. Similar design space, so-to-speak.

Interesting points that I learned yesterday:
  1. I now have a really good idea of why Internet Trolls exist. It's really scary that I found that to be fun. Suddenly I understand some of Zeev's motivations over at the Scion forums. *shudder*
  2. I hope I never do that again.
  3. Lobbying is an effective tactic in Nomic, but took a lot of energy to get that critical "no" vote. Probably not worth the effort or stress.
  4. Better to keep the game light and fanciful. Perspective is important. It's just a game, so only do that which makes it fun.
  5. It may have pissed Kevin off. I'd like to think he got the joke, but I won't know till tomorrow. If so, I owe him an apology.
  6. It really is a bad idea to make nomic rules that prevent people from voting.
  7. I think I now know why my last Nomic (this was years ago) eventually fell apart. Which means I can avoid it - provided yesterday didn't kill this one. :)

No comments: