Thursday, February 28, 2008

Galadriel's Middle Earth

We start the campaign by watching the first 2/3rds of Peter Jackson's Fellowship of the Ring. When Frodo offers the ring to Galadriel, we pause while she's in "Terrible As The Dawn" mode.

I hand out character sheets of all the non-hobbits in the fellowship. The PCs barely escape, Galadriel kicks Sauron's ass, and sets up the Fascist Dark Elf State.

The PCs are tasked with tracking down Gandalf and Sariman and uniting Humanity and Orcs against the Goth Elf army.

Ultimately, while this could be a lot of fun, it has issues. First, I'd have to do a lot of research to do it right, and I have no faith in my ability to finish the Silmarillion. Secondly, I've never really cared for the rules systems of any of the Lord of the Rings RPGs that I've read. Just too much work all around.

No comments: