Friday, February 17, 2012

Interior Dredmorating

A while back I blogged about how I was getting a lot of fun out of a graphical roguelike computer game called Dungeons of Dredmor. It's darned good - PC Gamer awarded it Indy Game of the Year for 2011.

I enjoy it enough to do some significant modding for it these past couple months. It's high time I provide a link here to my mod, Interior Dredmorating. ID is now on it's 1.2.1 release, and it's been pretty warmly received by the Dredmor fan base.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8238260/Interior Dredmorating 1.2.1.zip

Sometimes a dungeon isn't really a dungeon.
Primarily my mod adds new rooms, items, art and flavor text to the dungeon. While there are a lot of mods out there for Dredmor, most are skill-and-spell based, the sort of thing you plug into the game to up your character's power (or your build options). Mine's not like that, it's more about providing new challenges and new things to explore. Not surprising at all to those who know me - I'm usually happier being the dungeon-master than being a player.



Those interested in the full details of what the mod adds to the game should check out the thread on the Gaslamp Games forum:  http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/interior-dredmorating-1-2-1.2158/

No comments: