Friday, October 5, 2007

The Transitive Property of Gaming.

Gaming is an Art. Sometimes, with all that math, it becomes a Science. And it's certainly my Life. Therefore, since A=B, Science=Gaming, and Art=Life, we can logically infer that we all live in a SciFi Utoptian Paradise where there's nothing to do but sit around gaming all day. Right?

That's certainly my plan. And I have lot to ramble on about. I keep thinking about gaming-related things, and not posting them on my other blog because I don't want to overwhelm that cool multi-person blog with a bunch of crap that's not on-topic.

So that keeps resulting in me posting my various gaming ideas in a variety of gaming-related forums and wikis. When I want to reference them again months later they're hard to find amidst all that crap, or they've been edited by some other gamer with a completely different concept of what makes gaming fun. And you lose the ability to claim anything as your intellectual property. Not to mention all the flame wars and rules lawyers that plague gamer forums. Uck.

So I decided to do something about it. I'm setting up a seperate blog, The Transitive Property of Gaming, where I can post those things when they hit me without it burying the uninterested in RPGs, card games, and the occasional weirdworlds mod. I'll continue to post in Repeated Expletives when I have something non-gaming-related to blather on about - which is pretty often. I am nothing if not long-winded. After this cross-blog almost-duplicate post, all my gaming stuff (at least 95% of it, anyway) will stay in this realm. Politics, Legos, High Weirdness, and other like topics will live in Repeated Expletives (and here's fair warning: Repeated Expletives is neither politically correct nor family-friendly, visit at your own risk), along with the posts of a bunch of buddies from the good ol' days.

No comments: