Friday, May 2, 2008

Mod links for Brad

Okay, so anyone can use these links - it's just that Brad had inquired about the mod I keep trying (unsuccessfully) to finish, and I wanted to make sure he knew I had other mods completed:

Weird Worlds: Return To Infinite Space: modding forum and big list of mods. Note that the mod list hasn't been updated in months, so you'll find at least 3 or 4 extra mods on the forums beyond what's on that roster. Obviously, I only made a small fraction of the mods listed there.

Of the ones that aren't my creation, my favorite is Even Weirder Worlds by Phlagm. I tend to like the mods with new content more than those that just port the existing stuff over to a new setting (like the Star Trek mods). EWW has the most of that.

The mods I created can be downloaded from these links:
Teeming With Life
Drives 'R' Us
Sgqwonkian Crisis
Of the three I completed, Drives 'R' Us is probably the best, followed closely by Teeming With Life. Sgqwonkian Crisis is fun when it works, but it is really buggy and crash-prone, so it rates a distant third.
To access any of them, follow the links above, and then click on the little red "attachment" at the top of the first post on each thread. Once it's downloaded, just unzip and stick it in your Weird Worlds folder on your harddrive.

No comments: