Monday, October 22, 2007

Werewolf Terrorist

Saturday night we played werewolf over at Tindalos House, the home of Andy and Gwen. Amazing how I couldn't taste or sense the alcohol in the first two Mai Tai's, yet the 4th made me utterly incapable of bluffing. I don't think that last one was particularly strong, either.

Then Sunday, Sarah and I went for dinner at Beth's with Amy and Kevin. While there, we kept talking about Werewolf. It's pretty typical, as the game is so lively it's on your mind for the next day or two. In that conversation, we were talking of hunters and seers and witches and star-crossed lovers and other roles that keep townsfolk and werewolves from getting stale. And Kevin said something to the effect of:
"there should be a role that's like a terrorist or something, and if they die, they blow up the people sitting next to them."

My eyes bulged. I told him to expect something along those lines on my blog in the coming week, along with due credit to him for coming up with the initial idea. As we talked, we roughly sketched out two different versions of the role. I typed them up, and intended to post them here. But in the process of looking for a good rule page to link to, I found they already exist. Look under "Killing Roles" and read about "The Human Torch". Sorry, Kevin, some unknown person beat us both to the punch. But man, there's a lot of roles there. Might just have to print that out and bring it to Tindalos.

No comments: