Friday, October 5, 2007

Currently Gaming

Currently, I'm running a campaign of White Wolf's Scion RPG. The setting is simple, but evocative: It's modern day, and the Gods of bygone Myth are real. The Titans have escaped from their prison in Tartarus, and threaten to bring about Ragnarok. Player characters are the half-mortal, half-divine children of Gods/Goddesses. Six Pantheons are detailed in the main book. You can easily add others, and the game uses the paradigm that all the old religions were more-or-less correct.

My campaign is set mostly in Seattle, which means I get to stage fight scenes in all the cool parks and tourist attractions we visited when we moved out here this summer. Since that's so close to Twin Peaks territory, I also added in Gordon "I Can't Hear Myself Anyway" Cole as an tip-of-the-hat easily-improvised NPC. Other famous folks to show up in the campaign so far include Alberto Gonzales, Hercules, Nemesis, Horus, Hel, Loki and Tlazlteotl aka "Filth".



When not GMing Scion, I also have a fancy for Blank White Cards, Magic, a great number of board games and RPGs, Are You A Werewolf? (which reminds me, I need to call Gwen), and making mods for the space-exploration computer game Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space.

1 comment:

Jeremy Rice said...

Well, you've already got one reader.