Friday, October 19, 2007

At the Center of the Universe, blood has been shed...

It's been misting all day. Tiny little Seattle raindrops that don't really impair or accumulate, they just make you damp.
Then all of sudden, the fog blew in. It came out of nowhere, and obliterated the view from my 4th-story window.
My balcony ceased to exist.

The only thing visible was millions of tiny drops of water hitting the window, like a firehose into a spinning industrial-fan aimed at the camera. And the sound of those infinitely small drops striking the glass grew to such a crescendo, it sounded like the golfball-sized hailstorms of my youth in MN, pounding off the windows and walls. Yet by sight, it was clearly just atoms of Seattle drizzle. They were thrown with such force it seemed supernatural.

And then a minute later it was gone and all was clear.

Somewhere, in a plateau where Kolvir should be, the Pattern had been redrawn. I wonder what's changed out there. I wonder if it's safe for me to go outside and look...

No comments: