Monday, April 6, 2015

Orky Talents (Warhammer Cards I Forgot To Blog, Part 4)

More NPC Talent cards. These ones are specifically for Orcs, Goblins, and their associated spin-off critters (squigs, snotlings, night goblins, savage orcs, etc).

A few of these are just card versions of existing rules from the Creature Guide or Tome Of Adventure, placed on cards so you don't have to look anything up in a book during the game. And some of those have alternate versions where I felt a house rule might make them more flavorful or potent. The two "Gang Uv" cards were adapted from the official FAQ, to cover the missing monster stats in one of the published adventure modules -- maybe it was "The Gathering Storm"? The others are things I made to capture various aspects of greenskins in the setting.







The ones with a blue label are racial abilities that all creatures of the appropriate species should have access to. The ones with a orange-ish/brown label are intended as optional modifiers for spicing up an encounter.

Apparently, I planned to run a goofy encounter with some really stupid snotlings, and just never got around to it. Most of the new cards have had zero playtesting, as The Enemy Within had just one or two optional greenskin-related encounters in the travel section, and I haven't run another Warhammer campaign since that one wrapped up late last year. So why did I make a bunch of cards I had no plans to use? I don't know. I just really like Orcs, I guess, ever since I played an Ork army in Warhammer 40k. I guess I got swept up in the "Waaaaghh!" 

As with the other posts in this "Warhammer Cards I Forgot To Blog" series, I'm posting this stuff on the outside chance that someone else may find it useful. I did a ton of card-creation and prep-work while running Warhammer 3rd, and since I don't know if I'll ever get back to it, I figure I might as well make it available to anyone else playing the game. It seems kind of a waste to keep it all to myself, when it might very well prove useful to some other GM.

No comments: